If you own a skilled trades firm, you can promote your services on Craigslist for free. Unfortunately, the photo uploader on Craigslist is limited to housing, for sale, and personal categories.
However, Craigslist does support the HTML “” element for Web programming, which means you can include photographs in your post if they’re hosted elsewhere.
1. Post your photograph on a photo-sharing website.
2. Select the photo with a right-click. Copy the URL of the photo in the pop-up box by selecting “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
3. Copy the URL and paste it into a word processor until you’re ready to utilize it.
4. Go to www.craigslist.com.
5. In the top left corner of the screen, select “My Account.”
6. Go to your Craigslist account and log in. If you don’t already have one, go to the bottom left corner of the screen and click the blue “Sign Up for an Account” link.
7. On Craigslist’s main page, click “Skilled Trade” under “Services.”
8. In the upper right corner of the page, click “Post.”
Select “Skilled Trade Services” from the drop-down menu, then “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
10. Select the box next to the nearest area to your home, then click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the screen.
11. Fill out the form to create your Craigslist ad. A box is provided for the title of your post, your location, the substance of your post, and your email address.
12. After the URL, type “”. The finished code, for example, should look like this:
13. To preview your post, click the “Continue” option at the bottom of the screen.
14. To post your ad, click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page, or click the “Edit Again” option to make changes.